Welcome

Hi there, welcome to my Blog. This is where I will be letting my creative juices flow. You never know what you will find here since I am a woman who is not defined by only one Expression, I have many.......

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Enjoy Your Day- SPCC Challenge #110 http://spcolorcombos.thescrapmaster.com/

I have wanted to make a flower using the Faux Suede Technique.

Here is what I did to create the flower on this card.  

Choose a Stampin' Up color to compliment your card, choose any flower punches or die cuts that will work with your design. Punch out the flower petals. Pull a bone folder across card stock over and over, on both sides of the petals, similar to the way you curl a piece of curling ribbon with a scissors. 

When the paper fibers on the edges are all beginning to separate, gently peel apart the paper layers so you have two separate pieces of paper.  Occasionally additional distressing is needed if the peeling becomes stubborn. Then I crinkled the flower petals up, after that opened the petals back up, punched a sm, hole in the center and placed a brad in the center to keep the petals in place. So Easy and love the look.

Ink: Su: Certainly Celery,

Stamps: Verve: Hope Blooms
Paper: SU: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, So Saffron, Whisper White. K & Company: Watercolor Bouquet,

General Supplies: SU: Embossing Folder, Elegant Lines Scallop Circle Spellbinder Die, MFT Stamps Die-namics Pretty Posies, Verve A Cut Above: Charming Oval Dies, Rhinestone, Glitter Brad, Glitter Glue, Dimensional Dots.

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I can't wait to try your faux suede technique to make some flowers.

    ReplyDelete