Welcome

Hi there, welcome to my Blog. This is where I will be letting my creative juices flow. You never know what you will find here since I am a woman who is not defined by only one Expression, I have many.......

Monday, April 18, 2011

Just Us Girls #80 - Color Challenge with a Twist & Card Patterns Sketch 111

For this weeks color challenge, I was excited. I love the colors that were picked, Aqua, Kraft, Black and Coral. I have for all of my adult life been a coral person. In my color choice for clothes and in my Home. In the 1980s most of the homes in America were decorated in Blues and Mauves; mine was in shades of Green and Coral.

On the card is a crocheted flower that I made, it's one of the things I like to do when I am sitting watching TV. I am able to make 1 in about 15 min. It’s great to have a supply on hand for my creations.


Stamp: SU: HB
Ink: SU: Basic Black
Paper:  Kraft. K & Company: Life’s Journey, Ancestry. Making Memories: Addie Brocade Dot. DCWV: Gold Script Designer. SU: Groovy Guava.
General Supplies: SU: Corner Rounder,  Basic Pearls Crochet flower, Cotton Floss, Button, Sizzix Flourish # 9. Tim Holtz: Tattered Floral Die, Dimensional glue Dots.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you liked the colors! Coral has been a fav of mine for a long time too! I had blue and peach in my 90's home...time for a change! Your card is lovely. I wish I would have had my Grandma teach me how to crochet like that before she passed! Very pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous work...love what you've done with the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors here and that big flower. Glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a GORGEOUS card! I LOVE that crocheted flower!!! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU MADE that flower! Splendid! Thanks for the nostalgic share - *swoon!* Isn't color magical, the way it can evoke time travel! THIS card is positively memorable, no matter WHAT the decade! I'm positively delighted you were inspired by this week's colors and that you shared your work with JUST US GIRLS! Yipeeeee!

    ReplyDelete